Amazing Yoga Retreat in Italy, 3-10 August 2019!
In Sabina, an elegant and breathtaking retreat centre in the heart of the Sabine Hills, offers spectacular views and a magical setting. An hour north of Rome near Umbria, In Sabina lies in the midst of the untouched Italian country side.
Experience a week full of delicious days of diving deep into your Yoga practice in an magical outdoor setting with an incredible group of people.
The property is peaceful and rustic, offering a haven for spiritual practice, relaxation and rejuvenation. The retreat centre’s grounds are lush and abundant with lovely gardens, a pond, a natural spring and swimming pool. The perfect location for stunning sunsets and nature walks. A winding country road leads from the property to the charming medieval town of Torri in Sabina 3km away, or you may prefer to just lounge by the pool, relax and take in the fantastic views.
The exquisitely restored 17th century stone buildings have been converted into accommodation and overlook a panorama of olive groves and fruit trees. The rooms are designed in a simple, natural style, with a combination of new and antique furnishings. Four of the bedrooms are en-suite, the other rooms share a bathroom between two rooms.
All accommodation is shared between two or three people with limited availability for single occupancy.
Single yurt accommodation is also available. There are three yurts close to the pool area with an outdoor shower and shared indoor bathroom facility. The yurts can be warm in the day but they are comfortable and pleasantly cool at night. Yurts are suitable for anyone who is interested in comfortable camping.
All meals are vegetarian made with the freshest ingredients available and prepared by a private chef throughout the week. Special diets can be accommodated if required and ordered in advance. Before the morning yoga practice; teas, fruit and juices will be available, there is an area near the pool where to make tea at any time. Light breakfast, lunch & dinner will be served alfresco, weather permitting, using fresh local ingredients and produce.
Note: this excludes lunch while on an excursion or on our last evening when we go to the local town.
Sample Daily Programme
The yoga practice will be held outdoors on the magnificent wooden yoga platform overlooking the lush valley or in the serene and tranquil indoor yoga space with views over the hills and vales.
The morning class will gently open the body and attune the mind to the breath, moving and building into a flowing and dynamic sequence. The group will meet again in the late afternoon for a gentle restorative practice or sound healing.
Three delicious Italian/vegetarian meals will be served daily. On one evening, there will be dinner out at a local restaurant. Also, an optional day-trip excursion to Umbria will be available for those who would like to explore the culturally rich hill town of Orvieto (location TBC) (on this day there will be no afternoon yoga practice).
- Double / twin room, ensuite bathroom: €1,200 pp
- Double or twin room, shared bathroom: €1,125 pp
- Single supplement for one of the above rooms: €300 (very limited availability)
- Yurt, shared bathroom and outdoor shower €950 This is suitable for those who like comfortable camping.
A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of €300 (1,300 AED) is required to secure your booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks (21 June) prior to the start of the retreat. A triple room is also possible if three friends want to share.
- Three delicious meals each day apart from dinner out at a local restaurant one evening or while on excursion
- Yoga teaching & meditation sessions in the morning
- Afternoon yoga or sound healing (apart from the 1 afternoon off)
Does Not Include:
- Flights & airport transfers
- Travel insurance
- Dinner at a local restaurant one evening
- Optional day-trip and other excursions
- Meals while on excursions
- Massage treatments (the most incredible masseuse)
- A stay in a rustic, restored 17th-century stone farmhouse
- A stunning outdoor yoga platform
- Gorgeous grounds with loads of chill out areas, gardens, pond, and swimming pool
- An opportunity to explore local medieval villages and stunning countryside
- Incredible Italian farm-to-table meals (wine included!)
- Group cooking class
- Daily yoga with Joanne
- 2 Group Sound Healing sessions
- 3 Afternoon Restorative Yoga sessions
Dates: 3-10 August 2019
Retreat size is limited, so please register early to secure your place.
It is best to take a flight arriving between 12 midday and 4pm.
Rome has two airports: Leonardo da Vinci (Fumicino) and Ciampino. Leonardo da Vinci (Fumicino) is the best option for the shared group transfer. However a transfer can also be arranged from Ciampino.
Please note that arrival time at In Sabina on 3 August is between 4.30pm and 9pm. In Sabina cannot receive guests before then. The latest departure time on 10 August is 10am.
We strongly recommend that you join the minibus transfers from Leonardo da Vinci (Fumicino) airport which will be arranged to bring you directly to In Sabina. The price is very reasonable (and quick as it takes only 1 hours and 15 minutes from either airport) and in many cases costs less than taking the train – the exact price depends on the numbers.
- For 6 people in a minibus the price is €29 each
- For 8 in a minibus €22 each
- For 14 in a minibus €18 each
- For 16 in a minibus €16 each
The earliest time a minibus can leave the airport is 3.30pm and we suggest that if you are on an earlier flight that you wait there. You will be advised of the exact meeting point nearer the time.
If there is a group arriving at Ciampino airport then a transfer from there can also be arranged for the same price. Departure from In Sabina is by 10am on 10 August.
Trains If you prefer to take a train the closest station to In Sabina is Stimigliano. From Fumicino (Leonardo da Vinci Airport) the train costs €11 one way and takes 1 hour and 50 minutes. A taxi from Stimigliano station costs €25 (for up to 3 people with little luggage). To check train times, see www.ferroviedellostato.it
There is no direct train from Ciampino Airport to Stimigliano Station.
Yoga Retreat Terms and Conditions
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The customer shall pay a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 25% (minimum €300) of the total amount due for each person named in the reservation.
3. The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer not less than 6 weeks prior to the date of departure. Bookings within the last 6 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal.
4. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date we reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
5. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable, as mentioned in 2:
Cancellation 2 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund
Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
Cancellation 4 to 8 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
Cancellation more than 8 weeks before due arrival date, 100% refund