Dive deep into your Yoga practice in an magical sun-filled outdoor setting on the lush peaceful island of Sri Lanka. Open up to new possibilities through your breath, body and soul.
Join me…. 30 November – 7 December 2019
The luxurious and spacious Sri Devi Retreat is a 15 minute walk inland from the turquoise blue sea on the southern coast of Sri Lanka. Situated a 15 minute ride from the city of Galle, the retreat overlooks paddy fields filled with incredible beauty and wildlife.
Sri Devi is hidden away and really is the perfect place for complete relaxation among the sounds of wildlife and the occasional chanting of monks in the far distance.
Situated on the southern coast of Sri Lanka, Sri Devi Retreat offers access to excellent beaches for relaxing and enjoying unforgettable sunsets. There are tea plantations and Buddhist temples dotted along the coast. This luxury retreat centre has over 2.5 acres of tropical garden. The outdoor yoga platform is covered and close to the paddy fields, surrounded by wildlife. There is a large pool, a spa and both an indoor and an outdoor covered lounge area. The venue has extremely friendly and helpful staff and all modern facilities.
The chef is very creative and cooks amazing regionally inspired dishes using locally sourced products. Sri Lankan cuisine includes curries and fish in banana leaves, sambals and a few more special secrets.
There are many excursions on offer during the week and trips to explore on your day off.
The villas at Sri Devi are luxurious, comfortable and spacious with twin or double beds. Each villa has its own tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and counter with sink, a large bathroom and private terrace.
There are a limited number of single occupancy rooms available.
Rhythm of the Day
The yoga practice will be held outdoors on the outdoor yoga shala overlooking the lush gardens close to the paddy fields, surrounded by wildlife.
The morning class will gently open the body and attune the mind to the breath, moving and building into a flowing and dynamic sequence.
After the morning session there will be an abundance of fruits and a healthy and filling breakfast. There will be several hours in the day to yourself, where you can head off to one of the nearby white, sandy beaches, take a treatment with the Ayurvedic therapist, take a ride to the nearby shops, cafes and restaurants or simply relax by the pool.
The group will meet again in the late afternoon or evening for a gentle practice dedicated to nourishing yourself, including Restorative Yoga, Sound Healing or Yoga Nidra.
The retreat starts on the Friday evening with a welcome meal. The last class is on the Thursday evening with a farewell meal. Five evening meals are included, leaving two nights free for dining out.
Are you ready to book your place? Email Joanne
The in-house spa offers Ayurvedic floral and herbal baths, the Shirodhara drip treatment and a wide variety of massages. There is also the use of the steam box. An Ayurvedic diagnosis is available with one of the best practitioners. The experienced Ayurvedic therapist offers different kinds of Ayurvedic massages and treatments. Her specialties are chakra massages, Shirodhara (a slow oil stream on the forehead) and relaxing body massages – fantastic for reducing tension and stress.
All prices are per person and include airport transfers.
- Shared double or twin villa: 3,700 AED
- Single occupancy villa: 5,100 AED
A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 1,300 AED is required to secure your booking, with the balance payable in full by 18 October 2019.
- Transfers to and from the airport to the villa (a two and half drive in a comfortable taxi)
- Yoga teaching & meditation sessions in the morning
- Afternoon yoga or sound healing (apart from the 1 afternoon off)
- Your accommodation & generous breakfast
- Five dinners at Sri Devi
- Daily lunch and dinner on two evenings, are not included in the cost to give you the option of dining out as a group or individually and to explore the array of affordable places to eat at the local beach resorts and cafes
- A half-day excursion to Cinnamon Island to see how cinnamon is harvested and produced
- Deluxe amenities by Spa Ceylon
Does Not Include:
- Travel insurance
- Meals outside the retreat
- Optional day-trips and other excursions
- Meals while on excursions
- Massage or spa treatments
Dates: Saturday 30 November to Saturday 7 December 2019
Arrive on Saturday 30 November, we will meet for the first time as a group just before dinner. Check out Saturday 7 December after breakfast. Retreat size is limited, so please register early to secure your place.
Email Joanne to secure your place!
Although there are many options for flights to Sri Lanka it is essential that you book early to get the best deals. A visa is required for visiting Sri Lanka, which you can apply for online – your passport is stamped upon entry to the country.
A taxi from Colombo Airport to Sri Devi Retreat is included in this holiday. The journey takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.
It’s going to be really fun… are you coming? Email Joanne
Things to do
There are several optional activities to choose from during the week for those interested in seeing the sights of Sri Lanka. There will be one free day during the week when you can explore further afield on the island or take one of the excursions offered.
Sri Devi Retreat is very luxurious and spacious, tucked away near a village and surrounded by nature and wildlife. There are many different areas to spend time undisturbed, simply relaxing. It’s about a 15 minute walk along the paddy fields or a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride to the sea and sandy beach.
There are several beaches to choose from – some lively with music and entertainment, some quieter and expansive. There are many opportunities to surf very close by and rent surf boards. There are many varied restaurants along the coastline for watching stunning sunsets and evening entertainment.
Excursions & activities:
- A safari to see the wild elephants in Yala National Park
- A trip to Kataragama, a pilgrimage town in Sri Lanka for Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Veddas
- A sunrise boat trip to see blue whales
- A tour of a famous 19th century tea estate
- A walk around Galle Fort
Yoga Retreat Terms and Conditions
1. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The customer shall pay a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 25% (minimum €300) of the total amount due for each person named in the reservation.
3. The balance monies due shall be paid by the customer not less than 6 weeks prior to the date of departure. Bookings within the last 6 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal.
4. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date we reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
5. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable, as mentioned in 2:
Cancellation 2 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund
Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
Cancellation 4 to 8 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
Cancellation more than 8 weeks before due arrival date, 100% refund