Amazing Yoga Retreat in Goa India!
Join myself and Anna Smallwood from for one week of yoga and relaxation at the beautiful Satsanga Retreat center.
Experience a daily Yoga practice, in a magical setting, with a great group of people.
7 full delicious days of diving deep into your Yoga practice in incredible India, the birthplace of Yoga. Staying in the beautiful purpose built Satsanga Retreat. Not far from Goa’s beautiful beaches and vibrant markets.
Indulge in an abundance of treatments available including Ayurvedic Abhyanga massage, Reiki Healing, Shen Therapy, or Balinese and Swedish massage.
Days will begin with Pranayama and meditation to the beautiful jungle birdsong, then a 2-hour dynamic flowing yoga practice with a long Savasana, before we break for an Ayurvedic Breakfast.
Afternoons will be spent exploring local markets, doing Restorative Yoga, Ayurvedic consultations with Dr Laxmi, or taking Ayurvedic Cooking classes.
We will close the retreat week with live music under the stars!
The warmly furnished guest rooms at Satsanga all offer private bathrooms with solar hot water, mosquito nets and ceiling fans. They are simple but clean and comfortable and if you are travelling on your own and would like a shared room we will organise for you to share with another student of the same gender. Single rooms are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis.
All meals are pure vegetarian made with the freshest ingredients available purchased at local markets daily and prepared by Mani the Ayurvedic retreat chef from Kerala. Mani grew up in an Ayurvedic household, both her father and brother are Ayurvedic doctors, she has been an Ayurvedic chef for 16 years and offers classes in cooking in the Ayurvedic style as well as the healing property of herbs and spices and how they can be used in medicinal ways to help alleviate many common health ailments.
Breakfast is an assortment of local fresh tropical fruits, pineapple, mango, and watermelon alongside locally made breads, jams, honey and yoghurt. Lunch and dinner vary daily and include beautifully prepared traditional Indian and Ayurvedic dishes.
Sample Yoga Program e
Free time to explore, shop, get treatments, go to the beach or just lounging by the pool!
4-6 Afternoon restorative class or workshop
Cost: $ 1350 (based on twin-share)
A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of AUS$300 is required to secure your booking, with the balance payable 7 weeks prior to the start of the retreat. Retreat size is limited, so please register early to secure your place. Upon registration you will be sent more info about flights into Goa, taxi pick-up from airport etc.
Ayurvedic breakfast, lunch and dinner
Ayurvedic cooking demonstration with Mani Shivadas, Satsanga’s Ayurvedic vegetarian chef from Kerala.
7 full days of Yoga.
Accommodation based on twin share, private rooms may be available.
Does not include: flights, other optional outings and activities, travel related expenses and any massages or treatments. Satsanga can arrange airport transfers, but this is at your expense.
Things to do…
Goa has many places to explore and discover, from sandy white beaches to green fields of palm trees and pristine white churches the contrasts make for an exotic break with memories that you will have for a long time. There are a variety of towns and markets to discover you will be constantly amazed at what you see.
- Ashwem beach, one of the most photographed beaches in Goa, about a 25 minute drive with it’s famous French cafe Le Plage, where the Bollywood set hang out.
- Anjuna market, a famous flea market right on the beach under the swaying palm trees with wares from all over India & Nepal, with many places to have a cool drink and a snack.
- Mapusa market, the local village market is full of colour and the hustle of everyday trading, walk among mounds of colourful spices, flower market, Indian silks, handmade incense and other local wares, revive yourself with Indian sweets and savory snacks, there is never a dull moment here.
- Panjim, the capital city of Goa is an historic town very unusual in India being so well preserved with it’s Portugese architecture and white churches in a lovely setting along the Mandovi River.
- Spice plantation in Ponda about 40 minutes away offers a tour where you can see herbs and plants growing in their natural environment, such as cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg, cloves and more. Your guide will share with you the many medicinal uses of the different plants and the tour ends with your chance to match a professional coconut tree climber as he makes his way up a 15 metre tree and brings a coconut down with him in a matter of 30 seconds. Lunch on a banana leaf is included.
- Sunsets on the beach in Goa are magical. Sip a cool drink at one of the many cafes or huts on one of the local beaches while the sun sinks into the water.
- Have a massage or therapy at Satsanga, choose from an array of options including deep tissue massage, shirdoarha, traditional Ayurveid oil massage, homeopathy and more, at prices ranging from $40-$55 per session you will be able to treat yourself to a few. Bookings on arrival.
- Auyrveda consultations are available from Dr Laxmi in the local village, you can have your dosha determined or learn about the Auyrvedic approach to different health issues. Treatments are also offered in this small clinic.
- Ayurvedic cooking classes are offered by Mani one to one or in small groups which can be set up at the time.