This is a Brahmani – Style Sequencing Course. The art of creating sequences for your classes and your own practice is a skill that has many elements. Working with a structure that makes sense, ensuring the sequence is right for level and ability of your students, understanding layering of movement and finding creativity and inspiration within it all can be a bit overwhelming. During this course you will be given tools to go through the process of creating sequences with ease and clarity. We will use a structure as a map to guide you, allowing you to take the students through a journey of the body and mind, whether they be beginners, intermediate or advanced.
In conjunction with sequencing we also need to have other skills to hand in order to ensure we are giving our students the right class for them. We will take extra time to look at the small differences that make a huge impact. Understanding different anatomical aspects and how the body really needs to move enables us to adapt our classes, modify or expand according to who we have in front of us. Breaking down the more intense parts of the practice without losing the flow, and finding ways to bring accessibility without sacrificing creativity will be other important aspects we will cover.
This 7 day course will include morning practice of asana to experience what we are working on.
Overall these 7 days are ideal for teachers who are looking to get inspired with new possibilities and explore aspects of teaching in a structured yet creative environment.
This workshop/training is designed for teachers who have already completed at least a 200 hours teacher training course and are looking to enhance their skills and learn to sequence with creativity and integrity.
Saturday 18 February is a full day off.
- This workshop/training is designed for teachers who have already completed at least a 200 hours teacher training course and are looking to enhance their skills and learn to sequence with creativity and integrity.
- You must have been practicing Vinyasa Flow yoga regularly (4-6 times a week) for at least 3 years with a senior teacher.
- You must have a good understanding of how the breath works with movement.
- You must be open minded and prepared to learn different techniques and approaches to teaching and learning.
£500 (£200 non-refundable deposit is payable once you have been accepted in order to reserve your space.
Cost covers all classes and tuition, plus optional attendance in the restorative classes as well as optional asana classes available on the day off.
The costs do not include flights, food or accommodation. Goa is fairly cheap for food and accommodation and we can provide a list of suitable places to stay. You will also receive a document with details about being in Goa for the duration which is very helpful for those who have never been to India.
Dates and Locations:
- 11-21 January 2017. This course will take place at the Brahmani Yoga in Goa, India. For full details and more information: brahmaniyoga.com